Dental crowns are also known as tooth-shaped caps, and they successfully restore your tooth after it has been discolored, broken, and worn down. If you have a tooth that is taking away from the strength and beauty of your smile, we encourage you to change its condition with a dental crown!
Dental crowns are generally used to improve the appearance of a tooth as well as its size, strength, and shape. They can also:
• Protect a weak tooth
• Repair a broken tooth
• Restore a tooth that has been worn down
• Support a tooth that has a large filling
• Secure a dental bridge into place
• Cover a tooth that is misshapen
• Disguise a discolored tooth
• Make a cosmetic modification
• Protect a child’s tooth from decay
• Repair a child’s tooth after it has been damaged by tooth decay or injury
If you are interested in this restoration, we ask that you expect about two visits to our office. First, your dentist will examine your smile and determine if this is the right solution for you. If it is, he will numb your tooth with a local anesthetic and remove a small amount of your tooth enamel to create room for the crown. Then, he will make impressions of your tooth and will send those impressions to the dental lab where your crown will be created. While you wait for your crown, your dentist will give you a temporary restoration. When your crown is ready, you will come back into our office and your dentist will check the color, size, and fit of the crown. If it is perfect for your smile, it will be permanently cemented into place.
Call our office now to learn more about dental crowns!